Thursday, August 20, 2009

8-19-09 SVR T-Storm Event

First off I knew I wasn't going to want to drive a ton because the set up wasn't the best so I figured that I will conserve a little gas until the next big event.
Well this storm started to take shape around Parker SD and looked as though it was heading straight E, as soon as it hit Harrisburg, SD it changed to a SE course looking to blow right over RV. At 4:45 I took off to sit 6mi W of RV and this is what I saw
There was quite a bit of scud rotating around that wanted to form, it didn't take long and it all formed into a non rotating wall cloud, looked pretty impressive for a short while.
This is where the storm picked up speed and really started to form into a gust front storm with a nice hail shaft following.

Rardy and I chased it all the way to Alton, IA where it died. It was over all a good chase that had a lot of horizontal rotation on the gust front and looks as if it was going to produce a tornado a couple of times. Looks like the next week is going to be pretty boring so I don't think I'll be posting anything anytime very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment