Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update

I just thought I should update since I haven't for the past 2 weeks, I've been doing some chasing but staying very local since many of the storms eventually make their way to Rock Valley I need to stay more local just in case something were to happen then I can respond with the fire department. All has gone well, last week we put about 600 miles on and got to punch some cores with blinding rain, 70+ mph straight-line wind and a wall cloud with a funnel but no tornado! Overall I'm very satisfied with the last 2 chases, it's been great fun and I'm especially happy that Jill was finally able to go with us this year, hopefully the next storm she goes out on will be a little better.

We have an active next couple days coming up and if you are around the KELO viewing area be very mindful of the skys as the tornado threat isn't very high but hail and wind are and it's still possible to have a brief tornado from a severe warned storm. Also pay attention to KELO TV for EXWX streams or click hear to see them live also!

No comments:

Post a Comment